1.10.2012

Must See Bands of SXSW 2012 - Youth Lagoon




I may be jumping the gun a little here, but SXSW is some of the most fun I have all year and I just can't contain myself.  Bands are still being announced and show/party lineups haven't even started being announced.  But.  Believe me, no one shows up more prepared than this guy.  I literally spend hours every year putting together my show list and 2012, probably unfortunately, will be no different.  The experience can be a little confusing and overwhelming for someone that hasn't done a little research and doesn't go in a little prepared.  I'm gonna help you out by highlighting bands that I think you most definitely should check out this year.  First up:  


Youth Lagoon
Youth Lagoon is Trevor Powers and he put out one of the best albums of 2011. It's the best home-recorded-hushed-vocal-reverb-heavy-bedroom-pop since Perfume Genius and I can't wait to see him perform live.   


July (Directed by Tyler T Williams)

More bands to come...

2 comments:

The Angry Diner said...

Really? I hear nothing here that is even close to being orinal or even well crafted. I love this kind of music but zzzzzzzz.

No Face said...

The whole album works really well together, but it may take a few listens. It's kind of a grower. Or not...